My Twitterific Experience and Tools with Twitter
I have been using twitter for almost 2 months now. And I must admit that it helps me a lot. I listed some tools that you could use in order to have a twitterific experience and so here are some tips on how to maximize use of Twitter, I hope it will help you understand how twitter works.
- Use firefox as your browser and enroll in Twitter Fox, Twitter fox can get your latest post and every time you make your post, Twitter fox will automatically send the URL to all your contacts.
- Follow as many as you can, specially those with in your niche. To take advantage on all the latest information on different people who are known in your niche.
- Use Twitter to get new idea for your new blog post. Check for some question and blog the answer.
- If you would like to to post your Twitter Updates for the day to your blog, It can be done by installing plug-ins from Alex. I saw Maki using this kind of plug-ins. And if you don’t want to share it to your normal readers and you just want to add it on your contents use some plug-in to hide contents in your home page.
- Use Firefox to promote your blogs, most of the blogger that I met during Iblog4 use twitter, in fact some of them got stumbled my blog thru twitter.
- Do you love giving away some link to others, Why don’t you use twitter to ask your followers some links that they would like to see at your blog for a particular topic.
- Be sure to put your site link to your Twitter page, usually I cannot recognize the Names that someone’s is using and so I need to go to their twitter home page just to know what is his site.
- Use twitter in giving fresh information to your followers.
- Use Direct Message to give information which only pertains to a particular person.
- If you have twitter account, Promote it in your blog or site. Nobody will know that you use Twitter not unless you promote it. Check my Footer it is there. You can also put rel=”me” so Google will identify that it is yours.
What I don’t like with Twitter
- I don’t like when Twitter converts long URL to Tiny URL, Why? Because Tiny URL is banned in Saudi Arabia and I cannot access the link directly not unless I use Proxy.
- I don’t like to read post that I cannot understand. I think my Followers who doesn’t speak Tagalog also annoyed with some of my updates which is mostly written in Tagalog. Sorry for that just let mw know thru comments if there are some followers who doesn’t want to see Tagalog written updates and let see what I can do.
- Twitter does not give back links to my site , Is it ?
- I always need to refresh so that I can find the latest reply. ( This is when I am using Twitter thru website )
- I cannot earn directly from Twitter. I am a Pro-Blogger isn’t it.
Do you have your own Tips, Likes or Dislikes from Twitter? So why don’t you blog it. And one more thing, why don’t you leave your twitter address below in the comments section and let me follow you. As what I have I told above, It is not how many follows you but how many you follow. Happy blogging to All. My Twitter address is [ http://twitter.com/techathand ] so what are you waiting for, start your twitter account and follow me. , BTW my updates are protected.
What are other tools you use with your Twitter ?