According to the site you are not required to use a specific camera and your video video will be judged on image quality, originality and the ability to capture a day through your lens in 140 seconds. So get as creative as you want to be when capturing your day.
I know that Filipinos are creative and there is a greater chance for Filipinos to win.
Below are the instruction I got from www.nikonfestival.com , Please do not use music, brand images or talent that you do not have permission to use in your video. If youâ€™re going to put music on your video itâ€™s best to use music that is in the public domain or music that you have created.
- Youâ€™ve got until December 15th to submit your videos. So get rolling.
- Once the video submission periodâ€™s over, weâ€™ll choose up to 50 finalists who will be eligible for the Audience and Judges awards.
- Decisions on finalist videos will be made and announced on the site by December 22nd. Donâ€™t worry, weâ€™ll remind you in case you forget.
- If youâ€™re one of our lucky finalists, tell your friends and family to come back, view your video and rate it for your chance to win one of the huge prizes!
If your video racks up the most views and receives the highest average ratings, youâ€™ll win the Audience Award. So tell your network to vote! The audience award is voted on by site visitors AND your network. If your video knocks it out of the park based on the following criteria, then judges Rainn Wilson, iJustine and Chase Jarvis might be handing you the coveted Judges Award.
- Quality of video: Looks matter. So when youâ€™re shooting keep technique in mind. Watch the composition and the clarity of the shot.
- Originality: If itâ€™s been done, donâ€™t be doing it again. Show us something fresh.
- Ability to capture the theme within 140 seconds or less: This isnâ€™t the 142-second video festival, so make sure you tell your story in the allotted time.
- Judges award is $100,000
- Audience Award is 25,000
>>> Upload your Video <<<