Dell just announced itâ€™s first ultrabook, the XPS 13 with the soft presence at the CES 2012 event in Las Vegas. Sound unusual from Dell as if this new device has something unique selling proposition to offer against the stronger players with the likes of Apple Macbook Air and ASUS Zenbook UX31.
Looking closely at XPS13 features, we have notice its compact features and cool body design. Dell describes XPS 13 as IT friendly, with its custom BIOS and has the enduring carbon fiber chassis inside together with the polish aluminum lid making the style so cool.
Dell’s initial price is $1,000 in the US market and will be available late February with target market both the consumer and business channels.
Dell’s XPS 13 Specifications:
- weighs 2.99 lbs, 0.71 inches to .24 (18 to 6mm)
- 13-inch screen, Intel HD 3000 graphics
- Dual Core i5 or i7 processor Sandy Bridge , 128GB SSD upgrade to a 256SSD and either a Core i5 or i7 CPU
- 4GB of RAM and backlit keyboard
- Sandy Bridge microarchitecture initial, with Ivy Bridge to follow later to enhance performance
- 1366 x 768, Gorilla Glass display
- 47Wh battery rated up to eight hours
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Mini DisplayPort, audio jack and 1.3MP webcam.
Probably this ultrabook will reach Philippines after 2 to 3 months which will depend on how Dell will market this unit to Philippines. You may also want to check the Acer S5 Ultrabook which we previously reported.