It’s easy to spot if someone is using a Droid Razr mobile phone of Motorola. Just like Apple, Motorola created a unique brand to separate from the rest. And that’s the cool and stylish corner design of Motorola’s Xyboard tablet PCs.
It’s not just one but two, the Motorola’s Xyboard 8.2-inch and Motorola’s Xyboard 10.1-inch. With both devices have a 5-megapixel back camera and a 1.3-megapixel front camera for video chat. While it is secure to hold with a hand, it is also protected with corning gorilla glass for damage resistance.
Here are the Xyboard 8.2-inch Specifications:
- HD-IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 800 x 1280 pixels, 8.2 inches
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 16/32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- LTE, HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 5 MP, 2592Ñ…1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and 1.3MP secondary
- [email protected] video
- Android OS, v3.2 (Honeycomb), upgradable to v4.0
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
- HDMI port, microUSB v2.0
- Up to 6 h
Motorola Xyboard tablets are now available for pre-order wifi-version only and expected to ship on 18th of January 2012. (Source: Press Release from Motorola)
Prices as follows:
- Motorola XYBOARD 8.2 – $399.99 for 16GB and $499.99 for 32GB
- Motorola XYBOA RD 10.1 – 16GB for $499.99 and 32GB for $599.99
Motorola seems to compete with Samsung and Apple. It is obvious in the price that it will also compete with Kindle Fire. It would be best if the have provided a 64 GB storage capacity.