Samsung Galaxy S2 to get the Ice Cream Sandwich roll out today according to a press statement from Samsung. Among the countries to get the update will start from Poland, Hungary, Sweden and Korea, of course before going global.
For Galaxy S2 owners, this will be an interesting update so they can experience a lot of enhancement on the device. To name a few out of 350,000 more than Android apps: a faster browsing on magazine looks interface, face unlock, instant voice command into text, NFC and improved camera.
Samsung on earlier reports mentioned that UK will get the update on March 19, but there are some issues to be fixed first with UK based networks before users can get access.
This new update in UK is a confirmation with the rumor launch of Samsung Galaxy SIII this coming April before the Summer Olympics day.
Samsung Galaxy SII Specifications:
- Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches
- Corning Gorilla Glass – TouchWiz UI v4.0
- microSD, up to 32GB
- 16GB/32GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
- video 1080p@30fps
- 2 MP secondary
- Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), New upgrade to v4.0
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1650 mAh
- Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G)