Updated : 13 December 2010
Well last Wednesday my company has sent me to Dubai to do a business meeting . Dubai I may say is really nice place to stay. I arrived in airport without any VISA but since I am an Engineer and a GCC Resident, They were able to give me a VISA. You just have to pay 100 DHS. I stayed at Crown Plaza Hotel ( A very good place to Stay ) The following items are some tips when traveling Dubai
- If you are traveling from a GCC countries you should bring your country ID. ( i.e. Iqama for those working in Saudi Arabia ) so that you can easily be issued a Visa upon arrival.
- Visa will cost you 100 DHS – 185 DHS
- Bring an adopter for your convenience ( I had some problem in getting this one for my laptop and PDA )
- Dubai Airport is equipped with Internet Kiosk where you can check your email there is only one thing that needs to be highlighted here , Internet connection does not have capability of browsing Java enabled site.
- The city has a heavy traffic and it needs time to reach airport specially in the afternoon
- There are lots of people coming and going to DUBAI it take time to pass the immigration so you better adjust your time preparation for your flight.
- Dubai has an area called Media City or Internet City
- As of now there is a heavy Construction of High Rise Buildings.
- The cost of living in Dubai is high.
- If you are a resident of GCC countries you will be able to use your roaming phones. When I was there , I have seen on my mobile the signal is coming form ETISALAT and Du
I do hope that this information will help some of the Internet readers researching and thinking of going to Dubai.
You will now have to make an eye scan before you could enter the immigration area.