Here in Saudi Arabia, we can test different gadget inside the store, particularly in Jarir Bookstore,it can give great sign to the buyers before buying a certain gadget. We don’t have to wait for a special product launch to get hold of those piece of gadget.
So let me show the video I took while playing the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I used the tethering ability of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.1 to be connected to the internet and everything seems to be fine.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Specification
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 provides TouchWiz UX or TouchWiz 4.0 which includes live panel.
- 10.1 inches WXGA capacitive touch screen with 1280 x 800 pixels of resolution,
- 3 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and
- 2 megapixel front camera
- HSPA+ connectivity up to 21Mbps
- 720p HD video recording capability
- 1080p HD playback
- DLNA support
- Bluetooth 2.1
- USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- and SIM slot
- Bluetooth microphone that can be carried in a pocket like a pen and sound dock with powered subwoofer.
- Users can expand the memory storage through an exclusive USB adapter, that should be purchased separately.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will come in 16GB / 32GB / 64GB it is pre-loaded with Social Hub, Reader’s Hub, Music Hub and Samsung Mini Apps Tray.
- It allows usage of Adobe Flash Player 10.2, powered by 6860 mAh battery that gives you 10 hours of video-playback time.
Over All Short Experience
My short experience with Galaxy Tab 10.1 is really great, The performance is way far from my Galaxy 7.1. This is because Galaxy 10.1 uses dual core processor. I have even tried making a home-made video without any problem.
The keyboard fits my big fingers.
The browsing experience is also fast, even when I am using the Galaxy Tab 7.1 to connect to GPRS connection via local carrier, STC, Saudi Telecom. The User interface is easy to navigate.
I have not tried the Audio since it is too crowded on time of testing.
The weight is also great, it is almost the same weight with my wife iPad 2.
I can easily browse my website as shown in the video.
So that’s it for now. I will just update this post on my next visit to Jarir.