Its been about 40 days that I am using Google Web Accelerator and it save me already of 2.4 hours of Internet usage :). Based on my assessment it really makes loading of some site more faster. I have tried it on sites that I frequently visit. Here is the screen shot of the saved hours that I have since I installed this on my machine.
Some information to be consider if you would like to use their Application :
What is Google Web Accelerator
Google Web Accelerator is an application that uses the power of Google’s global computer network to make web pages load faster. Google Web Accelerator is easy to use; all you have to do is download and install it, and from then on many web pages will automatically load faster than before.
Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages load faster, including:
- Compressing data before sending it to your computer.
- Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.
- Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible.
- Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.
- Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.
- Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.
Google Web Accelerator do not speed up all web pages, For security reasons, Google Web Accelerator won’t speed up pages encrypted with the HTTPS: protocol (such as bank records pages). Also, Google Web Accelerator only speeds up web pages, not large data downloads such as MP3 and streaming video files.
More information could be found at the help page here
Home Page : http://webaccelerator.google.com/
If I am using the machine at 6 hrs a day 6 times a week, I have already save about 1.02 % of my entire Internet Usage. Not bad. 🙂