There is a Macworld Conference & Expo going on and one of the highlight at the expo is the recent announcement of Google.Google has again made some improvements with their iPhone Interface. It would be better for me if they could make an updated interface for Windows Mobile. Since that is what I am using . 🙂
Below are the details of Google announcement that I copied from their site
Today, the first day of Macworld Conference & Expo, Google announced new improvements to the integrated Google experience on iPhone.
- Improved UI: The applications look and feel slicker, and they are easier to activate, navigate and use via a touch-screen.
- Customization of default tabs: Now Google users can have easy access to their favorite applications by customizing the applications that appear on the Google.com menu bar. Users simply choose their favorite Google applications to bring them to the front menu, ensuring that they’ll be close at hand whenever they’re needed. Switching between applications is effortless, as users only need to sign in once to access their Gmail, Calendar, Reader, Docs, and Picasa accounts.
- Speedier Gmail: New emails will automatically show up so there’s no need to manually refresh inboxes. And the new auto-complete feature for contacts makes composing emails faster than ever.
- Speedier Calendar: With our new month view, users can glance at an entire month of appointments.
- iGoogle: Now Google users can access their iGoogle gadgets on the iPhone. Everything they’ve customized on their iGoogle homepage including weather, stocks, and news feeds now appear on their iPhone’s. To go to iGoogle, simply click on the iGoogle link on the Home tab. You can customize your iGoogle page on your computer at www.igoogle.com.
These new features provide iPhone users with a desktop-like Google web application experience in terms of ease-of-use, speed, and feature richness but optimized for the iPhone.
To get the new Google experience on the iPhone, users simply navigate to www.google.com on the iPhone Safari browser. To see the full range of mobile products and services available from Google, visit mobile.google.com.
Below are other details about the Macworld & Expo
Macworld Conference & Expo
Conference: January 14 – 18, 2008
Expo: January 15 – 18, 2008
West & South Hall, Moscone Center
San Francisco, CA
There are lots of event that is happening this month. Just last 4 days ago CES has just started. I wonder when will this new gadgets and equipment will be available in the market.
Update : I have also seen the pictures at TechCrunch