First of all I came into this post after I received a link from Jimmy of blog-tutorials.com ( PR5 Site ) because of the comments that I made at his site. I found his post via Google Alert
It is just a simple comments, and thanks to him for appreciating it and so this blog post was born.
How important a comments in a blog?
For me it is really important. And I must admit it is one of my Blog Post source. Usually replying in a comment via another post is best to do if an explanation to the question needs to be in detailed. An example is when I responded to Ordinacin question about making feed links as an additional factor for SEO.
Upon linking of Jimmy to my site I have come to an idea that commenting in another blog is a good Link Bait. It happen to me many times and I am also doing it to my commenter’s.
So here are some tips How We can gain a link from those blog that we visit:
- Always make you comment relevant to their topic.
- Ask a question to the author about the topic that he have mentioned.
- Give some suggestion about the topic or niche that he wrote
- Look for a great post that is within your niche and comment.
- Check for a blog post that does not have too much comments, or no comments at all so that you can immediately catch the author’s attention. ( Many times that I tried to comment on blogs with too much comment.. and I am always ignored 🙁 )
- Think of a question that an author will think first before he could answer your question. ( example : if an author is suggesting something, and in fact he is not practicing it on their site, You can send a challenge question on how come he is suggesting this kind of stuff well in fact he is not practicing it. )
- Don’t think that a blog author will not link to you even you are a first time visitor. ( I got a link from Jimmy as I am a first time visitor at his site )
- Check you spelling ( Oooouuucchhh most of the time I failed to do this )
- Avoid using such word like … I like your blog want to have a link exchange…. Great post !!! Please visit my blog…. A unique post, I need more… This kind of comment looks like a spam that is why it will usually caught by Akismet. It is not a problem to make those kind of comment if you have made about 15 or more comments on that blog already. Since the moderator already knows who you are.
- Make a post by responding to their post. Just don’t forget how to make a proper trackback. Or if it does not appear on their trackback section. inform them by placing the link to your blog post at their comment box.
This tips works for me and I do hope it will work with you to gain new readers and Link Juice vi this Link Bait Technique. Well another lesson learn in Blogging.
It would be great if you have other tips and I will try to put it as a new post.