After months of speculation and leaks it is now official, Galaxy Note 3 is now released to the public, a special event shows the new generation Samsung phones at IFA 2013 in Berlin.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was unveiled with a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, new S Pen features and a new design that is still partially plastic, but an upgrade from the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The Samsung smartwatch called the Galaxy Gear was also introduced in the event.
Here are the complete specifications as follows:
SAMSUNG NOTE 3
* 5.7″ Full HD SUPER AMOLED screen, thinner and lighter at 8.3mm
* Android 4.3 Jellybean
* 13MP camera with 4K video – yes, 4K video. 2MP FRONT CAMERA
* Industry-leading 3GB RAM
* Available in two variants: 1.9GHz Octacore 3G, 2.3GHz Quadcore LTE (varies by market)
* 168 grams – just the right weight
* S-Pen provides better utility – dot, circle and box, each of which provide AWESOME and USEFUL functions you can actually maximize.
* New! S Note – Write easily, edit freely
* Faster and more seamless LTE, works with all types of LTE
* Larger screen, do more, getting news directions
* Jet black, classic white and blush pink
* Soft and textured back with fine stitching to provide a “notebook feel”
* Switchable back covers from the “taste of autumn” collection, “holiday glam” and tie-ups with Moschino and
* Samsung Knox – hacking, malware, lost and theft – best of bring your own device
SAMSUNG GALAXY GEAR (smartwatch)
* 1.63″ SUPER AMOLED display
* Stainless steel yet lightweight – engineered specifically for daylong wear
* Six styles to choose from
* A gentle swipe takes you from one feature to another – notifications, calls, calendar, etc
* Smart relay feature – connects what you see on the watch with the Galaxy device you own
* Answer calls on your watch – raise your hand to your ear, and you are ready to talk!! OMG with the built-in microphone
* Memographer – a camera on your smart watch
* Gear can run its own apps – Life360, Path, Phigolf and more
* SNS updates
* Updates you with texts
* Smart freedom as a perfect companion to Note 3
* Become a “new fashion icon” around the world
* Cross-compatibility with Note 3, Note 10.1 2014 edition, S3, S4 and Note 2 with software update
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 2014 EDITION
* 7.9mm thick, 535g for the WiFi version, 8220mAh battery
* 10.1 inch screen designed to change the way you view big screens
* 3GB RAM
* 8MP camera, 2MP front
* Android 4.3 Jellybean
* Still has the Multi-Window feature with the Note 3
* Contains all technological advantages of the Galaxy Note 3
* Free partner content
* Immersive content experience with stereo speakers
* Free content
Samsung describes the new Air Command feature as follows.
Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.