Yes the subject is right, I am the newest member of Digital Photographer Philippines, I found this site in my search for Digital Photography Information. I have bought my EOS 400 D about 10 Months ago but I may say that my ability in Photography is still in basic stage. Maybe I did not put much effort in understanding the art of Photography yet.
I also believed that Photography is synonymous to blogging. Most of the A List Blogs are involved in photography.
I am studying on what lens to buy. Since as of to date the only lens that I got is the standard kits with 18-55 mm lens, that goes with my SLR Camera during purchase.
I was thinking of buying Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Interchangeable Lens or Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II,Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens
Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Interchangeable Lens Specifications
- Focal length 70-300mm
- Aperture f/4-5.6
- Angle of view 34.3-8.2Â°
- Filter size / type 58mm
- Construction Elements/groups 14 elements in 10 groups
- Focusing type Rotating & extending
- Closest focus 1.5m (0.95m in Macro mode 1:2)
- Weight 0.55kg
- Dimensions (Dia x length) 76.6x122mm
- Mounts available Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax
- Tripod bush No
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Lens
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture – 50mm 1:1.8
- Lens Construction – 6 elements in 5 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View – 46Â°
- Focus Adjustment – Overall linear extension system with Micromotor
- Closest Focusing Distance – 0.45m / 1.5 ft.
- Filter Size – 52mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight – 2.7″ x 1.6″, 4.6 oz. / 68.2 x 41.0mm, 130g
So to those of you that has a deep knowledge about SLR Cameras may I know your opinion about this matter.
I have some information here ,here in which I am still studying to make the final decision. I need to buy the lens before my vacation if my budget permits it 🙂 and share some good photos to my readers and friends.BTW you can find some of my latest pictures at my other site.