A sub-domain is an extension of the main domain. Here is a brief instruction on how to make a sub domain if you are using dreamhost as your hosting company
This is just a simple instruction on How to To Make Sub Domain in Dreamhost
- In the Web Admin Panel go to Domains -> Manage Domains
- Click on Add New Domain / Sub-Domain
- Enter your full sub-domain name where it says Domain to host: (ie: test.mydomain.com).
- If another user is to own this domain, select that user using the FTP user / CGI-runs-as user: dropdown.
- Click Fully host this domain now!
After following these steps, a new sub-directory should appear in your home directory with the same name as your sub-domain, this is where you put the site files for the sub-domain.
And then after doing this you can start installing WordPress version via One click Install.
It’s easy and fun, you can later install plug ins in a really easy way .