It is a tradition for every bloggers to make reports on what happened on their blogging career for the year. So here I am making my blogging report for year 2011.
This year is a great year for Tech At Hand Dot Net, a year when I experience lots of things from high traffic, to Google AdSense ban, Panda update bomb and many more. But this year is the most fruitful year for me when it comes to financial blessings through this blog and my other blogs. So let me itemized the great things and opportunities that happen to me this year.
Here are some points to encourage new bloggers:
- I manage to earn a net online income of six digit in Philippine Peso for one month and a constant five digit in Philippine Peso per month. (I am not a full-time blogger)
- This year, I understood the importance of having collaboration and getting new ideas for this blog. I learn that blogging could be a business and I could enjoy blogging without being burn out. [ Blog as an investment ]
- We were hit by Panda update and the traffic goes down to 50%. Some of the keywords which I am ranking for years have been hit by SEO Panda update. Itâ€™s an opportunity because it urge me to study again the new techniques of SEO nowadays. I started reading updates from different SEO blog that I am subscribed before.
- We were given the Tech Blog Award by PEBA.
- My blog earnings manage to pay the monthly amortization of our lot purchased at Antel Grand Village (Itâ€™s 27 T per month)
- I have learned other sources of blog income aside from AdSense. Special thanks to Nuffnang and Marimedia.
- We manage to close deals with some advertisers in this blog.
- After my AdSense ban, I was able to know that Chitika (I reinstate my ChitikaÂ gold account after the ban) also pays good and a great AdSense alternative.
- Tech At Hand manage to have a new advertisers..
- I have manage to increase my domains to 30+, some of them is just a protection domain to those earning domains. It is my prevention from domain squatting.
Special thanks to the team of Batangas Today and editors, Marhgil Macuha, Sheila Macuha and Angel Cuala.
Below is a screen shot of my blog performance this year 2011, I manage to get 1 million Unique Visitors and 1.4 Million Page views. It is actually double than last year visit. As you can see Panda update have really affected our traffic. The big drop of traffic actually happen at mid of October. We have not yet recovered on that update. But I do hope that future update will be good for us. It was only on December when I manage to get back the AdSense of this blog. No AdSense in my blog from January to November of this year. But I still manage to get my online income as shown in #1. I have now reduced intrusive ads and replace it with AdSense.
There is really money in blogging, you just have to concentrate on what you are doing and think out of the box. Donâ€™t forget to get some advise from others. Collaboration is also good. I will post y plan for next year by next week.