Are you having hard time to get some information for your niche blog. Well I have made a post over Pinoytechblog regarding this matter. In addition I would like you to use an alternative ways using RSS feeds. This is with the use of Firefox Extension SAGE. As a response to a friend request over a comment on my post for Firefox 188.8.131.52 below is my idea about it.
Sage is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator extension for Mozilla Firefox. It’s got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don’t…
Sage is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator extension for Mozilla Firefox. It’s got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don’t.
* Reads RSS (2.0, 1.0, 0.9x) and Atom feeds
* Feed Discovery
* Integrates with Firefox’s bookmark storage and Live Bookmarks
* Imports and exports OPML feed lists
* Newspaper feed rendering customizable via style sheets
* Technorati and RSS search engine integration
* Support for the following locales: Argentine Spanish, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, and Swedish
Firefox: 1.0 – 2.0.0.* ( It also works with Firefox 184.108.40.206 )
Based on my usage it is almost same as netvibes but the best thing here is you will not be required to put any password in order to view the feeds. The feeds will then be exported temporarily at your hard disk c: . But ofcourse before using this extension you should be able to download the Firefox Toolbar.
Download Extension hereusu