Google Toolbar Beta 5
There is a mix reaction regarding the new Toolbar beta 5 announcement , a reaction of whether Google is invading the privacy of the Website owners and disregarding the customized Error 404 page of any site.
Well Matt explained it in details on how the New toolbar reacts on a Error 404 error that may be encountered by the new toolbar.
According to Google Webmaster Blog the 3 site issues detected by Google Toolbar where it will make a suggestion are as follows
- 404 errors with default error pages
- DNS errors
- Connection failures
and the probable suggestions provided by the Google Toolbar will be as follows
- A link to the corrected URL
- A link to the cached version of the URL
- A link to the homepage or HTML site map of your site
- A link to a higher level folder
- A search within your site for keywords found in the URL
- An open Google search box
I have downloaded and tested it : [ Be Sure you have Internet Explorer 6 installed in your computer ]
I make a wrong URL to have an Error 404 but nothing unusual seems to happen. Did you test it ? Does it work for you as how it works from Matt ?
[…] custom 404 pages in your blog? Watch out of Google Toolbar Beta 5, read kuya Dexter’s post to […]
This is what we need to watch out…
That’s a bad news for bloggers with custom 404 pages. 🙁