It is our pleasure to give our full user review for the PLDT Telpad that was lent to us by PLDT through Nuffnang. In fact, PLDT have installed a line to our house just to make sure that we could get our connection and we could test their unit. Big thanks to PLDT for that matter. We were able to use the PLDT Telpad for almost a month and our trial has been extended by PLDT for another month. Nevertheless, we believe that we could give our fair review with this Android device. The PLDT Telpad is powered by the largest Telco, PLDT.
First of all, here are the unboxing photos:
We have tested the IDEOS S7 Slim with Android 2.2.2 Version of the Telpad at Bacoor, Cavite after PLDT provided us with a 1.5 MBPS connection. PLDT Telpad is an Android Tablet coupled with a phone unit as shown in the pictures below.
Gone were the days where telephones were only used for voice communication because PLDT has been innovative enough to introduce the PLDT Telpad.
Here are some of the capabilities of the said unit based on our experience.
- We were able to use the internet connection of the tablet at a distance of 7- 8 meters away from the WIFI router.
- The camera feature of the Telpad could get picture size up to 2048 x 1536 using the jpeg format with color effects in normal mode, mono mode, negative mode and sepia mode.
- Our speed tests show that the maximum speed that we could get is about 800 KBPS (We have been given a 1 mbps connection).
- The Telpad can also capture video with a maximum time of 30 minutes using CIF video format.
- We have enjoyed playing Angry Birds with this unit as well as other free games available in Android store.
- We have used the Telpad to communicate with our relatives in other countries through different free Android applications for calling.
- We have also extensively used the pad for social networking purposes.
- Occasionally we also used the unit to capture pictures and some video moments of our pet.
- Of course an extensive use of the Telpad for internet browsing purpose.
The unit could be used with any Android application that could be found in Android market.
Facebook could be used on this unit as long as a proper application is installed. This unit is capable of executing different applications that could also be found in other Android Operating Systems. It is equipped with an 8 GB internal memory and is also capable of having an external memory. It would be best if the unit could have a larger internal memory. Otherwise, it could easily be remedied by using external memory as mentioned.
One of the great offers from PLDT to Telpad customers is its capability to be connected to the internet even away from home. We are referring to PLDT Telpad’s Telpad + WiFi Zone. Telpad subscribers will only need to add P150 to their current MSF to avail of this offer. Check for the available Wifi Zone on this link. Customers could be connected up to 100Mbps to dedicated wifi available in the wifi zones.
The PLDT wifi zone gives Internet access to about 5,000 hot zones for only a minimal monthly fee of P150 and P300, respectively for myDSL and voice-only subscribers.
We have tried the unit using different applications but we have mainly used the unit for playing, chatting, socialization, video viewing through YouTube and playing great Christian music. Youtube connection is exemplary since buffering is not experienced as compared to our netbook. If your main purpose for having this one is for picture taking, I don’t think this would be best for you. It is advisable get a camera that could get high-resolution pictures and videos. But anyway you can check the picture and video below that was part of our testing with this unit.
Video sample taken by Telpad
Its main purpose is for internet browsing, checking E-mail, socialization, calendar mapping etc. I could not recommend the unit for use in heavy blogging mainly because of its size.
When it comes to its physical appearance of the phone, it is great and also presentable. Your visitors will surely say that you are techie by owning this unit.
- yhs-mystartdefault, pldt telpad, pldt telpad review, how to root pldt telpad