Adsense and SEO Tips
Updated : March 27, 2010
- Don’t forget to guide the Google spider to your site.
- Content is still the king of Adsense. Adsense advertiser will be based on the keywords that are available at your site.
- Use the keywords that are likely to be searchable in your blog : ( You may check this keywords tool )
- Blog Niche ( Blogs with particular topics an example is Philippine Election 2007 ( niche is Philippine Election ).
Mixed or blend the colors of your Adsense Ads into the colors of your blog.( Be careful this might post danger with your adsense)
- If it is possible do not use borders in you Google Adsense code.
- The best location of search box is on the upper right corner
- Monetize your blog if you have about 100 or more visitors a day
- Don’t Monetize those blogs that there is no visitors since as per my experience whenever I put the code in those site without good amount of Visitors the adsense ecpm other blogs is not performing well. ( This is what Adsense Called Smart Pricing )
- Do not click your own ads or get banned. ( very important )
- Do not bring your Google Adsense in area where there are danger of clicks. Google Adsense might banned you for this
- Put your adsense code in an area wherein if somebody landed on your page they can easily see them.
- Use Firepox as your browser, but you can also use other if you prefer.
- Predict the keywords that your possible reader will look in the future. For example in my Philippine Election 2007 site I have predicted that after the election date, most of Filipinos will look for ” Election Result ” and therefore the next post that I made mentioned about the ” election result “, “proclaimed Winner” etc.
- Study your adsense performance by using Google Ad Channels, this will give you information on what adsense location giving good conversion to make more money.
- If your blogs is having a very high traffic I would suggest you have to use picture ads but if not you better use text only and not combine. Based on my experiment text gives a higher CTR ( Click Through Rate ) than Pictures.
- Put some Link Text at the upper portion of your blog under the header pictures. (
I am still experimenting on thisIt makes good result. )
- Stop MFA at your site! Although it has been reported that adsense is stopping this MFA ( Made for Adsense ) Site.
I turned off my onsite advertiser sign up . Some says that it might increase your CTR ( No hard evidence but it is worth trying )Not Applicable Hold your payment until it reaches your desired amount then use the DHL service in receiving the cheque.( You may now use Western Union to make it easy )
- Keep on reading my blog entry for adsense
- Last but not the list subscribe to my RSS and Email.. ( nice huh )
I may only speak for those using blogspot free blog services because this is what I am using.
- Always put tags on your post
- I use Site Search Tags in my post with format as follows format as follows ( Applicable to blogspot only ) . As per my experience
- <a href=http://techathand.blogspot.com/search?q=Tips+and+Tricks rel=”tag”>Tips and Tricks</a>
- Resulting link = Tips and Tricks
- I am putting Google Analytics code in my blog to monitor the areas in which I need to improve my blog
- Comment !!! comment !!!! to any site that relates to yours. The tendency is the visitor of the site might visit your site and stay if they find your site interesting.
- Participate in contest to have link from other site ( like Jannete Toral’s Contest & Other Contest)
- Do some speed linking to others site, Tipping your visitor about the good information you have seen while browsing.
- Look for a good post in the net and blog about it. The tendency, a possible link back will be done.
- Avoid broken link
- Join the Social website like
Mybloglog& blogcatalog.com to increase visibility of your site. Go to the known site among your niche who is using Mybloglog & blogcatalog.com then try to contact their recent visitor and inform them about your blog and add them as your contact.Go get social media site
- Join site that allows you to can post and you direct your readers to your site. an example is pinoyblogosphere.com , pinoyblog.com , promote your site ( If you have others let me know thru comments )
- Join Technorati.com in order for you to monitor who’s linking to you and don’t forget to fave me.
- If possible make a contest that will direct some visitor to your site. It is recommended to make contest after your site reach a sufficient number of post so that any visitor will have lots of option to go at your site. It is useless to drive traffic on your site if you don’t have sufficient amount of post.
- I use Blogging authoring tool which makes my life easier.
I use Photobucket to host my pictures of this blog and my other blogs.( I am now using flickr)
- Some says that pictures for your post gives more attraction to the readers. You may see how Techcrunch & Doshdosh makes the post.
Hope you like this post. Why don’t you digg it and share to others.